Information collected by TelemedMXInformation You Provide to TelemedMX
You may choose to provide us with information to receive certain Services. The information you provide us depends on the Services you choose to access and may include:
- Name, date of birth, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, etc.)
- Home, work, billing, and/or shipping addresses
- Email address
- Home and/or mobile phone number
- Health, prescription, pharmacy, and related information
- Messages from you
- Credit card information
If you choose to provide us with information about your family members or any other individual, you represent and warrant that you have permission to provide this information to TelemedMX.
You agree to let us use and share the information you provide in order to provide the Services, to run our business (including for the purposes of internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, develop, change, market or optimize our services and products), and to communicate and market to you (directly or via third parties).
You agree that TelemedMX may contact you by mail, telephone, email, or text message (including by an automatic telephone dialing system) at any of the addresses, phone numbers or other information provided by you or on your behalf in connection with your account, including for marketing purposes. TelemedMX advertising and communications may include health, prescription, pharmacy, and related information. Should you send TelemedMX a direct SMS message through a mobile device, such message constitutes your prior express written consent to receive, review, and respond to the messages you request to that SMS device. You understand that you are not required to provide this consent as a condition of using our Services. You also understand that you may opt out of receiving marketing text messages from TelemedMX at any time, by texting the word “STOP” to the text message using the mobile device that is receiving the messages.
Situations in which you may provide us with information include but are not limited to:
- When you register for an account (including accounts for TelemedMX.
- When you sign up for communications, and/or promotions
- When you ask TelemedMX to send or transfer a prescription to a pharmacy on your behalf
- When you send us communications or communicate with us via phone, text, chat, email, or any other means
- When you access healthcare provider visits and medical services through TelemedMX.com
Information Collected When You Use Our Websites or Mobil Applications
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we and the third parties we work with may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you use the Services. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Geo-location information
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages and content of our websites/screens that you view (including URL and screen name)
- What information, content, or advertisements you view, hover over, or click on
- Referral websites
- Unique identifiers
- Login information
- Mobile device information, such as your telephone number, mobile device ID, the make, model, operating system, capacity, and settings of your device
We and/or third parties we work with collect this information using technologies including but not limited to the following:
- Remarketing technology. We use Google and Facebook, and other remarketing providers to advertise online and offline. We may place cookies, tags, pixels, SDKs and other tracking technology on your computer or other devices, or otherwise collect and provide your information to assist Google, Facebook, other third parties, or TelemedMX to feed advertisements or to send direct mail campaigns to you based on your past visits to TelemedMX and other websites; and we may also allow other third parties, including Google, to do so as well. We may permit third parties to collect your personal information over time or across third-party websites, mobile applications and/or online services, including those that assist us in operating our Services.
- Web beacons. Web beacons are graphic image files that collect information about your use of and interactions with the Services.
- Embedded scripts. An embedded script is programming code that collect information about your use of and interactions with the Services. By using our Services, you agree to let us use and share such information in order to provide the Services, to run our business (including for the purposes of internal business operations analytics, and to provide, develop, change, market or optimize our services and products), and to communicate and market to you (directly or via third parties).
Advertising on TelemedMX’s Websites and Apps
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you use the Services. These companies may use internet or electronic information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Demographics and Interest Information
The Services have implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting. This tool requires that we permit access to cookie identification information and enables us to view demographic and other information aggregated from the overall population of the visitors to our website. The information we receive does not include your name or contact information. Information You Provide to Third Parties
We receive information about you from third parties, including as detailed below:
- Healthcare professionals. Some healthcare professionals who use TelemedMX may text or email you a coupon. In order to receive the coupon from your healthcare professional, you must provide your contact information and your prescription information. By providing your healthcare professional with your contact information and your prescription information, you are requesting to be contacted with prescription-related information, and you acknowledge that there may be some risk that the message could be read by a third party. We also receive information from our Medical Groups and other healthcare partners.
- Marketing partners. We may work with third parties to conduct marketing campaigns and/or receive information for potential users of our Services. Such third parties may collect and provide to us personal information such as your name, contact information, medical information (such as condition and prescription) and demographic information (such as age and location).
- Data partners. We may in some cases supplement the information we collect about you with information from third parties, including data regarding online activities across devices and online platforms.
By using the Services, you agree to let us use and share such personal information in order to provide services to you, to run our business (including for the purposes of internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, change, market or optimize our services and products), and to communicate and market to you (directly or via third parties).
When do we share information that can identify you with a third party?
TelemedMX does not sell personal medical information. We do not provide your personally-identifiable medical information to third parties in exchange for payment.
Like many companies, TelemedMX uses personal information in order to provide services to you, to run our business (including for the purposes of internal business operations and analytics, to provide, change, market or optimize our services and products), and to communicate and market to you. In some instances, we may use third parties to help assist us in the above.
Here are some examples where we may share information with third parties:
- To market and advertise to you
- To send communications (such as information about your account and marketing)
- To process your credit card information (in cases where you provide us with your credit card information) and track payments
- To supplement our data
- To fulfill, deliver, develop, and enhance services and products.
- To store data
- To analyze data
- To address or handle patient advocacy support requests
We may disclose information you provide, about your use of our websites or apps, or that we obtain about you from third parties if we are required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety. TelemedMX may transfer its user database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all the assets or stock of TelemedMX whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
Additional Privacy Disclosures Relating to TelemedMX Care
TelemedMX Care offers a platform that enables health care professionals (“Providers”) and patients to connect virtually for medical visits.
Your Provider is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes how the entities in the Medical Group (as defined below) may use and disclose your Protected Health Information. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, which are available here, you are not authorized to access or use TelemedMX.com services.
Note that we currently contract with the following medical groups (the “Medical Group”) to facilitate medical visits through the TelemedMX Care platform: Almexus Medigroup Inc. However, the medical groups we contract with may change from time to time and employ or contract with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide virtual medical consultations.
What about kids’ personally identifiable information?
The Services are only for users of the age of 18 or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us or provide any personal information about yourself to us at any time for the Services. We assume our Services are used by adults. We respect the privacy of parents and children and are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). With respect to those Services that ask for age, we do not collect personal information from individuals who identify themselves as under the age of 13 except in those limited circumstances where we believe that such collection is permitted under COPPA.
We may ask prospective users to provide their age during the registration process and at other times while using the Services. If a user indicates that he or she is under the age of 13 then all personal data collected during the registration process is automatically deleted except that we may retain and use limited information, such as the child’s email address, for a limited period of time, in those cases where we believe that the collection and use of such information is permitted under COPPA.
If a parent believes that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she can contact us via email or postal mail as listed below. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13.
Additional privacy related information
Although we will have reasonable security safeguards with respect to the Services, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet or other electronic means (such as text messages) and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Do Not Track Requests
At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
European Union Visitors
Our services are intended for use only by expats, visitors, and residents of Mexico. This includes visitors from different countries. However, we do not permit visitors located outside of the country of Mexico to register or to use our Services.
Deletion Requests and Opt-Outs
All users nationwide can request deletion of their data. You can submit a request by emailing TelemedMX at Info@TelemedMX.com. Please note that we will need to verify your request before we can fulfill it, including verifying your identity.
To unsubscribe from TelemedMX text marketing messages, please reply STOP to the message.
To unsubscribe from TelemedMX marketing emails, please use the link located at the bottom of the email or enter your email at TelemedMX.com/opt-out. TelemedMX complies with CAN-SPAM and you may subsequently opt-out of receiving commercial messages from us by following the directions contained in any commercial email communication. You may still receive transactional messages about your account, including messages pertaining to your account (if applicable), and so forth.
To control what cookies are collected when you are on our website, please click on the “Cookie Preferences” link at the bottom of the applicable webpage or applicable website.
Accessing Your Information
We offer consumers nationwide the option to request certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Note that due to its sensitivity, we will only provide you with prescription-specific data if you can provide us with verifiable information.